Saturday, May 02, 2009

there are no coincidences

As I have said before, I am planning to build a meditation wall/pergola/area in my back 1/2 acre. (see article about Queen Latifah at the link.)

I have been looking at stone and vines and all sorts of things. I have decided on a stone mason -- a man called Joe that I grew up with. I hadn't seen him in 40 years. I decided to have him build the wall, because there seemed to be a basic goodness about him. I like how he spoke of his wife of 34 years and his family. I went to their house to see some rock. On the way back from scoping out the stones, I looked over into a field on Joe's property. There were three large rocks, four young-ish trees and a lawn chair. I joked "And is that your meditation space?". "Yes, in fact it is," he said. He's been meditating for decades.

What are the odds that I would move back to this very small town and end up contracting a stone mason who meditates and "gets it" about what I am trying to do? We spoke about Zen, the Tao, chaos theory and string theory for a few minutes...and I knew he was the right one to build this space.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

No coincidences indeed. Joe is your man for sure. Can't wait to see this creation. Be sure to document it's building. XOXO

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Madonna Christensen said...

Mata:

I found your blog while searching for memories about childhood dolls. I love your story. I'm publishing a book of doll stories this summer. If you're interested in contributing, please contact me at iowagirl1@aol.com

Thanks.
Madonna Dries Christensen

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Virginia said...

I'm glad to hear that your wall building project continues. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it as you go forward.

Suddenly you've got me thinking about building a miniature wall from the polished stones around my defunct fountain. Hmmmm....

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed