Monday, March 08, 2010

Wasteful Mail

Today I got an envelope from the US Census Bureau. It came 1st class. Inside was a letter address to "Resident" at my address that told me to expect the Census form next week.

Huh?

What did the government expect to accomplish by mailing presumably every household in America, telling them that another piece of mail was coming?

Am I supposed to stand at my mailbox waiting?

If I plan to ignore the census (which I would not) what makes them think I'll open mail from them?

If I plan to complete the census (my plan), I'm going to open it when it gets here, with or without warning.

The way I see it, the government just spammed the whole nation, and made us pay for it.


Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger alto artist said...

ha, I got the same letter today! I laughed. I figured, this is the government we're dealing with; it's an exception to the rule when they do something that actually makes sense.

--aa.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Virginia said...

oh, yes, my thoughts exactly when I opened the stupid thing.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Barbara said...

Is it coincidence I just saw something on the news about our Federal Post Office losing money? I guess this was their "bail-out".

8:22 PM  
Blogger Dialing Home. said...

i got mine, too...it went straight to the shredder to be sent to the school for an art project, so i guess it wasn't totally wasted...

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed