Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Hack Canyon, Arizona

A piece of me was left here about a year ago. Here, in this place of no people. No sound. Here, in this heat and solitude. Here, in a place where God managed to slam His spirit up against mine as he pushed the clouds and the sky at me. The savage beauty changed me, cut through me like heat lightening, melted me like silica. My heart felt transparent. Yet I gasp even now for more, more, more begging God to surround me again with this brutal openness, this beauty that makes me remember what it is to yearn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I've never felt that way about any place in particular, and it sounds wonderful to have that feeling. Maybe God is calling you to claim being there for yourself? The call may have been muffled in the past months, but is it still there?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Mata,

What a beautiful, thought-provoking post. Makes me wish I were in Arizona. I also ponder what Christ was thinking when He spent those 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness.

Blessings,

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed