Sunday, March 12, 2006

Trees

© Laura Marshall 2006. All rights reserved.
I love trees and their great leafy branches rising out of the earth. My mother's favorite childhood book was passed down to me. It is the story of a young boy who is befriended by a tree. He sits up in that old tree every day and the tree tells him the stories of all the other trees -- why the Quaking Aspen quakes, for example.

Trees have always had personalities to me. I understand why St Francis could address a tree as "Brother Tree". It makes sense to me. I have nothing profound to say - my brain and soul need a break. I just want to say that I love trees, and I love this painting by Laura.




6 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

lovely painting :-)
I love trees too - I have memories of many happy hours spent sitting or playing in trees as a child and now my son will find refuge in his tree if he is sad or just wants to escape life for a bit.....

6:05 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

I love that painting as well. And, I also love trees and have memories of sitting up in a mimosa tree in particular. Hugs to you dear friend.

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larches, growing high up in the Alps, scarred by storms and possibly lightning, but living on and producing fresh, soft-green needles out of pink-tipped buds, and new rosy-purple cones year after year after year - these are my favourites.

Emm

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I write this, I am looking out onto a beautiful winter wonderland. Our trees have been generously dusted with pure white. They remind me of stick candy coated with powdered sugar. We received 6 inches overnight. I have a fire blazing and tea brewing.

I love trees and think of trees as friends who are constantly changing and yet never change. They shade us from the heat and serenade us in the wind. They provide picturesque beauty covered in snow and shelter us by framing our homes.

"Poems are made by fools like me, but only God can make a tree."

Religionfree

6:01 PM  
Blogger Mata H said...

here - I love that idea !!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mata, I have always loved trees, and being in forests is my idea of heaven! Sitting in my favorite tree as a kid reading books, even until I was around 16 years old. I would love to live in a tree house, even now at the ripe old age of 65!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed