Thursday, April 06, 2006

Just a Bird

© Laura Marshall 2006. All rights reserved.

I love the Middle Eastern tale about the little bird who was singing merrily while lying on her back in the middle of a country road.

A horseman came by, and stopped suddenly when he caught sight of her. He asked the bird what she was doing lying there in the middle of the road singing with her feet straight up in the air.

"I heard that the heavens were going to fall today," said the bird.

The horseman laughed at her. "I suppose you think that your skinny little legs can hold up the heavens?"

"One does what one can," said the bird. "One does what one can."

2 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

I do like that Mata - it's all any of us can do I guess - and perhaps the very thing I needed reminding of just now

Have a lovely day.
Katie

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Yes indeed... one does what one can. :c)

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed