Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Music, Music, Music!


I found a fun site the other day --one that has been around for years, but I just found it. First, it has its limits - but it is still fun. The site, Pandora.com allows you to create a radio station that only plays what you like -- actually a few stations. It doesn't play classical or many esoteric world musicians, but it is a noble effort.

I input an artist's name - like Tom Waits or Ricki Lee Jones (2 of my faves) and the site starts playing music by them and by people that they judge to be in their general style or category. I have the chance to rule an artist or a song in or out, and as I do the site refines its knowledge of what I like and what to play for me.

I have managed to "discover" a few artists that I had never heard before (Vienna Teng, Nick Cave, Runrig)which is always a pleasure. So for those of you who are always open to new CDs to while away the long drives between today and tomorrow, I offer this site. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed