Monday, July 10, 2006

A Request -- read all the way through, please :-)

I have an interesting few days ahead of me.

I am heading for Massachusetts again.

On Tuesday I will sort through more of my Mom's antiques, marking them "AUCTION" or "MOVE". I am actually looking forward to it. Sure, I will run up against some emotional items, but it will be like finding an old love letter. Not painful -- warming.

On Wednesday I will resolve a legal issue that has been a deep burden and a very painful strain on my life since shortly after my father died. I cannot discuss it here, but the resolution will be -- if not sweet -- at least a relief.

Wednesday night I'll attend an auction with my friend, Sandy -- to check out another potential auctioneer.

Thursday I will take my 83 year old cousin out for an adventure. We'll go wherever she wants and will do whatever takes her fancy. My job is to be the enthusiastic chauffeur. We both enjoy these outings a great deal. She is sharp as a tack, but because of her heart condition and other health issues, does not drive much beyond to the grocery store and back.

I'll drive back here Thursday night, because Friday I will attend the 1st night of the Progressive Faith Blog Con about which I am seriously excited. That Con goes from Friday-Sunday and some of the bloggers that I admire most will be on hand.

It is going to be a hodgepodge week, full of emotional highways and byways. Full of healing and hope. I will probably not be blogging much, but I have a request for you.

Please use the comment section here to ask me to pray for something for you. I won't have time to blog, but I will check comments daily. I would like to use the spare moments in the upcoming days for intentional prayer for you and your concerns. Please let me know what you would wish me to pray for. And it will be done.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Please pray that we have a smooth upcoming move and that we can get this current house sold before the winter sets in.

I am so excited for you Mata, and wish I could be there too. Be safe on your journeys friend...

6:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mata, it sounds like a wonderful time lies ahead for you, relief included.

Thank you for asking for prayer requests. I receive a lot, but rarely ask for others to pray for me. My need is to strive for an open heart and mind and spirit, in all things (although there are a few particular things that make me want to close in or off or down...).

4:10 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Mata, please pray for my mother - her name is Peggy - as she grieves the rather sudden loss of her best friend to lung cancer last week.

Please pray for the Lawson family, as they grieve the death of their beloved father and husband; in his 40's, taken by cancer.

Please pray for me, that I clearly see the path ahead of me in love, in caring for my children and in relating to my ex-husband.

thanks
peace to you

10:48 PM  
Blogger Mata H said...

Thank you for letting me pray for you. I will continue these prayers through this month. It is an honor to pray for you.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed