Thursday, July 20, 2006

Technocrashola

YIPES!! There was a storm in town 36 hours ago, driving rain with chunks of hail. As a result I have had no cable service since, which means no TV and no cable modem, so no internet access. I am borrowing an office from a friend right now just to check my email and to post this. As I work from home, I am SOL until the cable comes back. My town is full of downed trees, so until the city gets them picked up there is not much the cable company can do. At least I still have my electricity, which is not the case for every place in town. There is an ikky heat wave going on, so I am just happy to have the a/c working. When I get my cable back I will invest in a back-up dial up account for the net. So there will be no blogging here until the cable gets turns back on. Sigh. Have a jazzy day or two or three -- or however many it takes until I chat with you again --

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain! Our outage was only 10+ hours, but very frustrating. I hope you are back online soon!!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Oh my! Hang in there Mata, help is surely on the way! I will be without my DSL for a week while we transition during this move... I'll pray for you now if you'll pray for me then. I know I'll feel lost. ;c) Stay cool! HUGS YA!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi, I'm LitanyoftheSaints from Belifenet! I have a blog here too, check it out sometime!Hope you have power back tonight! I got those storms too but I was lucky my power held up.
peace,
Stacey

10:05 PM  
Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Wow the power of a storm! Am pleased you have electric, take care

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed