Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Evening

He Is Risen!
He Is Risen Indeed!

I am in Massachusetts tonight. I spent easter Sunday with my 85 year old distant cousin Ida, who is dear to my heart, and is my only remaining relative. She resisted all efforts of mine to plan a dinner out, preferring instead to cook for me. So, what awaited me but kielbasa, ham, babka, salads of various sorts, and so on. In some way just eating familiar foods of our past was comforting to us both. Nostalgia is always a part of our times together, and so we shared memories of holidays past and people we both knew and loved who have gone on.

There is such sweet consolation in shared memory. Plus, we both are looking forward to my moving out here. She is a good woman; and she is the last of my tribe, and I of hers.

I had planned to come back to NJ tonight, but my car is at the local dealership waiting to be seen by a car-doctor tomorrow. It was towed in Saturday. Sigh. I was driving here, stopped to stretch my legs. Started up the car and accelerated back onto the Mass Turnpike and sudddenly the yellow OIL PRESSURE LOW light came on; warning bleeps started chiming; and white smoke came out of my car's exhaust. I pulled back onto the shoulder immediately and stopped the car and arranged a tow. I was 11 miles from my destination. Because it was a state turnpike, only approved tow companies can tow on it, so I had to wait for the state police to send an approved tow. $230 later I was arriving at the Chevy dealership to find out that I have probably blown my engine -- through no fault of my own.

This is an expensive repair. THOUUUUUUUUUSANDS of dollars.

The good news is that if my milerage was OK, it might be convered by warranty.

What is the OK mileage? My warranty expires at 36,000 miles.

What is my car mileage? 35,937.

Tonmorrow I find out if my warranty covers whatever needs to be done. Please slip a quick wishful thought into the universe if you are in the mood.

I will rent a car (hopefully also covered by warranty) and drive back to NJ on Mon or Tuesday sol I can write out a check to pay my taxes and my tax guy,.

There seems to be a theme here. I need to get some inflow to match my outgo .

Abundant universe. Abundant universe. This is the sound of me chanting.

What the heck. At least I am safe. No accident happened. I was with family and friends all day. Christ is risen. All in all, a special day. A very special day. And I mean that from my heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

Whew. May the insurance watchdogs smile on you, and may your universe provide abundance. The sooner the better. Glad you're safe & sound. Glad the car's under 36,000. And envious of the lovely-sounding Easter repast.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Praying for the health of your car and giggling at the odometer reading...whew! Glad the time with Ida was so refreshing and restoring. Love to you.

7:25 AM  
Blogger beyondimensions said...

nice blog!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed