Monday, April 09, 2007

whew!

The car problem is resolved. The repair guy says it is a "miraculous outcome". The problem was caused by the fact that when I had an oil change, the garage had not sufficiently tightened the oil filter. This is the kind of major issue that could indeed have caused my engine to blow out. I had had the oil changed and not driven the car until leaving for this trip. So the oil filter had not been asked to do much until I drove out here. When I had the car towed in, the dealeship manager said that the odds are my engine was toast. Today the repair guy said that I must have pulled over just in time and had enough oil to keep the engine from siezing up. Bottom line, they put in a new oil filter, new oil, cleaned up the undercarriage, cleaned out the oil from the rear brakes and that is that. The engine is fine. Total bill= $104. I called my garage where the oil change was done and they will reimburse me the $104. If the engine had been toasted, my warranty would NOT have covered it, because it was a garage error, not a parts failure. My regular mechanic might have covered it, but that would have been an ugly thing for everyone....fortunately that is not an issue. Pardon me if I sign off as I need to go shout "Hallllllleluia!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mata, welcome to RevGalBlogpals!
Blogrolling is down, but I will add you as soon as it works again.Glad the car is okay!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Whew! Yahoooo! So wonderful when it's something so very simple. And, very lovely too that the oil change place reimbursed you without too much hassle. So glad to hear you are not engineless!

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed