Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What a fabulous day!



I voted when the polls opened this morning. We used the old fashioned manual ballots ("fill in the oval..."). I like these ballots -- they make me feel like I really voted.

And I, along with millions of other Americans, cast my vote for Obama. And there, in my teeny voting booth, tears ran down my face. I voted for an African American man for president of the United States. I am among the first Americans ever to do so. It is an historic moment, and I feel deeply moved, proud and very happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Pass the Posh Puffs. So proud to be able to just be a participant too. Love to you friend. And we wait...

4:11 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

historic, indeed.

i cried a little, too.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed