Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh, just shoot me now

I have slightly injured (sprained) my knee. I can drive and walk, but it hurts if I am on it a long time still. So I used an online grocery order thingie that allowed me to send my order ahead. There is no delivery service in my ton.

The store would shop, and I'd pick up the stuff at an agreed time. This was great. OK it was 15 miles away, but I could combine it with other errands.

I ran hither and yon, erranding, and ended up at the grocery store.

No groceries. They had not received my order. Yes, they double checked. Triple, even.

I was, by this point, exhausted (see earlier comment re errands) and drove home, fuming. ^%$# incompetents. ^%$#^&*( fools. No decent customer service these days, Yadda yadda yadda.

I got home, sat at my computer and looked at the screen. There was my order, sure as sure can be. And at the bottom of the screen was a CONTINUE button, bold as day.

I had not continued. So my order wasn't placed.

And the button really was clear.

I had been distracted.

Fortunately, I was not so much the fool that I had been rude to anyone, but I will go BACK to the store early tomorrow to pick up the contents of my now-correctly-sent-grocery-list.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, I pushed the wrong button. Well, being irritated never really works, tempting though. Thank you for always writing interesting posts. if you have the time, please read the story about "my" appleguy. Have a lovely Sunday!

Reagrds, Linnea

8:24 AM  
Blogger 1000myths said...

It's not really about "decline of short-term memory", early Alzheimer's, dementia or even "getting old". It is about distraction, and how we must try to overcome it. My trick? First, finish anything you start regardless of what happens. Somebody's at the door/phone/internet? Let 'em wait?
Saw some weeds that need to be pulled? Pull after you finish what you started.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed