Sunday, September 14, 2008

Butterflies and Heaven


A couple of weeks ago I went to a place called "Magic Wings", which is a butterfly conservatory that is home to over 4,000 butterflies. (It is from their site that this picture was taken.)

While I was there, I sat on one of several park benches in a central area in the conservatory. Butterflies of every hue and size were everywhere. One landed on my hand and stayed for quite awhile, left, returned, left, returned. It was clearly interested. As it slid its proboscis along my skin, I could almost feel it, with strict concentration.

An older man sat near me. He and I started talking about how beautiful everything was. He hoped heaven was like this place, so peaceful, so beautiful, full of such gentleness.

"I think there must be butterflies in heaven." he said. "After all," he added," if He made them here, He could make them there, right?"

I agreed. Why not. If I can believe in doggy heaven, then there is surely room for a few angelic insects as well. "Right you are," I said."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Cool, cool place! I can't imagine having them just flying all around me like that. :c)

6:52 AM  
Blogger The Good Witch said...

you should publish more pictures :D

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed