Thursday, August 07, 2008

Duck eggs

Well, as I have said before, I have started a list of "things I have not done but want to because they will be fun". One was to play BINGO. Done. Another was to try duck eggs. I have no idea what the fascination with duck eggs was about, but I tried them this morning for breakfast. They are a bit larger and about 25% heavier than a chicken egg. The yolks are larger and denser. I cooked 2 "over easy" and they were tasty -- a bit more "eggy" in flavor, probably because of the larger yolk. They would make dndy deviled eggs, I think. I'll try that next.

Next on the list -- finding a pottery class. I have always anted to try my hand at the wheel.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Brave girl you are! Glad you can mark one more thing off your list. Pottery... hmmm... sounds fun!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duck eggs..interesting! Hope you can find a great pottery class :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello!

In Kerala(India) ducks egg costs more than chicken egg because it is bigger.

Best wishes!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed