Thursday, May 29, 2008

Z finds a new home




Meet Zoe the rescue dog. She is a pure-bred bichon frise, and weighs a whole 12 pounds. She is also called Princess Zoe, and Princess Furball. I have adopted her from a very sad environment where she was kept crated and muzzled (against barking) for 12 hrs a day. She was a very sad little girl a few days ago. Notice she is now on the couch, groomed and sassy looking. Z and I are very happy together. She is housebroken, has the run of the house, sleeps next to me spine-to spine, is is generally happy to be here and checked out A-OK with the vet.

More news as it happens. Here was Z above on arrival day, before grooming..and below after grooming...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

She is adorable and sounds like the perfect companion. :c) Sending you love and "miss you" hugs.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Suzette said...

How nice for both of you. Rescue dogs are the best. They adapt so easily that it's amazing how quickly you find yourself thinking of them as "my dog", not a rescue dog or anything that came before.

My last dog was a rescue and I am currently looking for one now. Wish me luck.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Marion said...

What a difference...she looks much more sprightly in the second photo. I am so glad you found each other!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Evelyn said...

How wonderful for BOTH of you! :~)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed