Saturday, April 12, 2008

spring

I see the vaguest signs of spring here in mid New England. I saw my first crocus yesterday and my first robin. While that is not such a big news item as one might imagine, it always fills me with a particular sort of joy.

I am also fed up with winter, and am longing for lazy nights outside on my patio, the sound of tree-peeper frogs, fireflies and growing things. I m in the midst of garden planning and am having to restrain myself from building a jungle in New England. Still, I am having much fun.

I see spring as an anti-coccoon season, one in which I feel most like a newly unwound butterfly, all wet and wondering and free, my wings still crinkly from having been snugly wrapped, but still full of color and promise for flights to come.

I will soon arrange for the remaining fence to be constructed around my yard so that I can have (joy of all joys) a dog! I am definitely going to get an adult rescue mutt, so that will be fabulous. I absolutely have pooch-deprivation symptoms.

I hope your spring is springing well...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to have you back and even better that you seem to be so happy.

turnover

2:49 AM  
Blogger toujoursdan said...

Great to see you blogging again.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed