Sunday, November 11, 2007

Still no closing

So I drove to Massachusetts - about 150 miles down the road my attorney called to say that the closing may be later in the day, but that it would happen, so "keep on driving'. I did.

The closing didn't happen.

I waited all day for the funds to arrive from the lender, through the Fed and into my attorney's escrow account. I signed documents. Drank coffee. Drove around. Did a final walk through.

No money.

They tell me the lender said they released it late. One blames one, the other blames the other.

Monday is a bank holiday in Massachusetts (Vet's Day).

I drove back 200 miles to NJ.

Tuesday I get to try again.

I called the contractors and held them all off AGAIN.

Maybe Tuesday I'll have a house -- oh, but the town I am buying the house in does not register home purchases on Tuesday.

I asked my attorney if he could do it at the next town over, and he said yes, he would.


All of any of this remains to be seen.

Tune in later for the ongoing saga.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mata - I honestly feel for you and "keep my fingers crossed".

turnover

1:38 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Holding my breath right along with you dearest. Hang in there!

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed