Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm getting there !

Well, I finalized the movers yesterday, gave them a deposit and set the move date. They will finish up the packing I chose not to do (mirrors, glass covered art, etc) and will load the truck on Dec 15th to move me on Dec 16th. now THAT felt real. Dealing with the movers.

They left after having been the third company yesterday to give me a walk-through estimate. I said goodbye at the door, sat down and started to cry. I do that lately -- just sit down and blubber a bit. I think it is just the release of stress, as there are no big sadness-laden feelings with it at all. Just relief. OK the mover is set -- BWAHHhhhhhh. On to the next hurdle.

There are a lot of hurdles. Next was getting my self-insured self insured in Massachusetts, which is complicated as far as transfers go, but doable. Then arranging to pick up unauctioned goods in Boston. Then calling my landlady to arrange details of my departure. She has been such a sweet soul. Then the usual bout of "new address" cards...then getting things like phone, cable, utilities turned off in one place and turned on in another.

I am surrounded by lists.

To Do Lists . To Buy Lists. Get at Home Depot Lists.

I have to go back and forth a bit to make sure work is progressing as it should in Massachusetts and that the workers have no need for more supplies. I'm bringing a second carload with me to save on moving costs. Every dime counts.

Meanwhile, I still have consultation projects. It's nice to have even a trickle of money coming in. Gratitude abounds!

So that is what is occupying my particular mood these days -- that and the urge for a nap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Sounds like everything is moving along on schedule! You'll be in your new home for Christmas... how lovely. I am just beaming for you my friend.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, Mata. am very happy for you.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed