Monday, November 12, 2007

It is official at last. I am a home owner.

I just got a call from my attorney. The funds have arrived. Tomorrow the deed will be registered. Tomorrow I drive to Massachusetts and walk through the door of my very own home. My first very-own-home ever. It has taken a year to find it and stumble through the financial disaster of the US banking industry. But stumble successfully I have; and I now have a home. At the crack of dawn tomorrow I will go to my car (which is loaded with stuff), drive to Massachusetts, pick up the key and go home.

Thank you so much -- all of you out here -- who have endured this year-long adventure with me. Your support has been so very extraordinary. I'd hug you all if I could.

I'm going to overlap renting here and mortgaging there for a month while work gets done on the new house. It's easier to have the whole interior painted, carpets ripped up etc if there is no one living there. And paint I must - every room in the house -- and I mean every room..is yellow. Bright yellow, pale yellow, mustard yellow -- some shade of yellow.

The sellers have been wonderful. Three children are selling the home on behalf of their father who is in a nursing home. They could not have been more cooperative. The house is immaculate. There is not a crumb in a drawer. The garage floor looks like it is brand new. They left enough random pieces of furniture (after asking me what I needed) so that the transition from here to there would be easy --a table and chairs, bed, lamps, love seats. As I have never owned a home they left the snowblower, wheelbarrow, ladder, garden tools, lawn mover, patio furniture. They could not have been cleaner, kinder or more understanding.

Thanks again to all who hung in here with me and read all my ceaselessly nattering posts about the process.

I'll be there for Christmas. My oh my -- what an Advent it has been and is becoming.

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris Duckworth said...

Congratulations!

May peace be to this house and to all who enter here. By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
See Proverbs 24:3-4.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallelujah, alhamdulillah or whatever else may be appropriate!!!

Emm /turnover

11:54 AM  
Blogger alto artist said...

Mazel tov!! There's a Jewish prayer for this kind of occasion, when you begin something new (called the Shehecheyanu):

Blessed are You
our God, creator of time and space
who has supported us, protected us,
and brought us to this moment.

May this moment be the first of very many more wonderful ones!

--aa.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

This is marvelous news! I've been following your journey the whole time, and I KNEW it all had to work out in the end, despite the excruciating wait and setbacks. Hallelujah!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hurray!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'bout darn time! I was beginning to think this home was a figment of my imagination. ;-)

Congratulations, Mata. May you have many, many happy times in your new home.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mata H said...

Thank you all for your wonderful sentiments. This has been so much more of a journey than I had anticipated. In about a half hour I will leave here, drive to Mass and get the key. I'll stay there a couple of days and get the contractors started on ripping up carpet, polishing hardwood floors, painting walls, etc etc ... and I will make a cup of coffee in my very own kitchen. The first of many. (It feels like a dresm.)

6:06 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Yea!!!! Hooray!!!!! I am SO happy for you dear friend! Welcome home! :c)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yay! Congratulations and be blessed, Mata! Thanks be to God!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed