Thursday, April 24, 2008

Upsetting delivery

I was out of town for 5 days. When I got back I found white trash bag with a dead and decomposing animal in it just to the left of my front door. It could not have been thrown there -- my door is 20 feet from the road and there is no sidewalk. Someone would have had to deliberately place it there. I am very unsettled. I have just moved here, have had no negative conversations with anyone. My neighbors are very pleasant. I am confused and just plain unsettled. What sort of sick so-and-so would do such a thing?

5 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

Are you going to report it to the police? I'm sure that has its own set of problems. Maybe it is a random prank. some prank. Sorry you had to go through this.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

that's spooky. i wouldn't necessarily be reporting it to police, but maybe calling them up to have a chat. find out if this has been happening lately in your neighbourhood.
could it have been meant for a previous owner?

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

might have been somebody who'd have liked to get the house for her/himself and choose this disgusting way to express her/his frustration ...

turnover

1:26 PM  
Blogger toujoursdan said...

Good grief! I hope you called the police. I also hope it was just a prank at a new neighbour.

1:55 PM  
Blogger LutheranChik said...

Back in the day, dead suckers (i.e. the ugly, only marginably edible bottom feeding fish) randomly stuffed in mailboxes were considered an amusing prank by local teenagers. (Yech.)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed