Friday, May 02, 2008

Lovin' my house

Well, no sign of any more pranks -- whew!!!

My favorite moment in the month is when I send in my mortgage check. To actually own my own home after so many years of apartment life is just wonderful. I just got a new camera, so will send pics soon. Spring is finally coming to Massachusetts, even though two nights ago we had frost.

I have been busily thinking about what sort of gardening I will take on -- small efforts this year, more next. But I already have a promise of some blackberry bushes from my roofer, and some gooseberry bushes from my cousin. The back yard - almost a half acre's worth of land has an older pipe clothes line. I think it is about to be a grape arbor. I will splurge on some big birch trees for the front yard.

And, the good news is that I have enough accumulated bonus points on one of my credit cards that I can get a $100 gift certificate from Home Depot, towards a grill/smoker for the back patio. I have already put out the cast iron furniture that the sellers were kind enough to leave for me (couch, 2 chairs, coffee table, 3 side tables.)

Now I'll head for the nursery soon and get a bunch of container plants and hanging plants. That will be the big spend for now -- butI will wait a couple of weeks for the warmth to really arrive.

In the meantime, I spend time feeling lucky and delighted with my home. I have had so many people over for coffee or meals or company -- it is a new and better life for me than apartment life had become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed