Tuesday, July 29, 2008

An Odd Feeling

Lately I have been aware that I am feeling different. Sort of odd. Then I realized. I was really happy in a subdued sort of contented way. I AM really happy in that way...I had always dreamed of owning my own home. I had dreamed of coming back to New England. I had longed to have a dog again. Now here I am -- 3 out of 3. This is what it feels like to have these dreams come true. Very nice indeed.

Thank you God, for the gift of my life, for its fullness, its amazing dream-come-true quality. Please do not let me forget to be thankful, to raise my heart in praise for a world that can be so kind and generous. And ever remind me of those who need more than I do, whose hunger is deep, who thirst for justice. Forgive me for hesitating today before I gave money to a homeless man. I, who have the luxury of a home. Forgive me for my forgetfulness when I forget those who have less. I sorrow that my hesitancy overlooked your face in him, your presence in the homeless men and women of the world. Forgive me my callousness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Annabelle said...

What a great sentiment you've expressed Mata. It's so important I think to try and maintain our awareness of the good things we have been blessed with in life and show gratitude, but of course so easy to forget, take it all for granted and focus on the negatives. Thanks so much for reminding us of this Coincidentally I noted in a post I just did on my own blog that a sense of gratitude is recognised by psychologists now as an important preprequisite to cultivating happiness in our lives.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

This is just how I'm feeling at this time in my life, and I appreciate the reminder to be thankful. A lovely post, and glad it is all working out for you.

12:28 PM  
Blogger anywhere_Smile said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed