Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sarah Palin scares me

Or, more accurately, the reaction of conservative America to Sarah Palin stuns me, and makes me sad and angry. The growing tide of anti-intellectual, brute force non-diplomacy in America is troubling. I do not want a pit pull with lipstick a heartbeat from the presidency. I want an intelligent diplomat and statesperson. Instead the Republicans are offering up, with some success, a pair of bullies.

A pal fro the 60's once said "I used to be all for 'Power to the people', then I got a good look at 'the people'."

Folks applaud her as though she is refreshing instead of terrifying. This woman has been out of the US one time, and that is to Canada. They say that because she lives near Russia, she is a diplomat. Hell, I live near a river. That doesn't make me a trout. My friend Sylvia sent this last week (bless her)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barack Obama scares me more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcqhoiK8-Ww&eurl=

Yep, I think it's safe to say Barack is very scary.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Mata H said...

I am not frightened by rational thought.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Amen Mata, amen.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed