Monday, September 08, 2008

Slow Roasted Tomatoes and Ajvar

My fellow editor, Kalyn, who blogs at Kalyn's Kitchen, has created a breathtaking recipe for Easy to Make, Slow Roasted Tomatoes. These tomatoes are like Tomato Crack. You'll roast a pan and it won't make it to the freezer. Simple stuff - I used plum tomatoes with the best success. I found myself spending $12 to buy a half bushel of Plum (Roma) tomatoes at the local farmstand. And I may go back for more now that the lot are frozen (flat, in ziplock). They are simple simple simple to make and they taste like a mouthful of late summer. 200 degrees for 8-10 hrs or so...put them in at night, remove in morning. start at breakfast, out by dinner. Juicier than sundried. Try them and let me know what you think. I tried cherry and grape tomatoes, but they were not nearly as good as Plum (Roma) tomatoes.

Since I am in a roasting mood, I am also going to roast red peppers and eggplant for Ajvar a Turkish relish/salad. YUM!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

So glad you are liking the slow roasted tomatoes. I agree, they are completely addictive. I love Ajvar too, but haven't made it myself. Love to hear how that turns out.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed