Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My 60th

My birthday is now past. I must say it was lovely. An advance email went out to lots of folks. I wanted cards. I am lousy at remembering birthdays. Lousy. So I understand if someone forgets mine. So if it is a year in which I wish to be remembered, I email people and warn them in advance, and boldly ask them for cards.

I was deluged.

Cards, gifts, flowers, emails, phone calls.

I was delighted. People said lovely things and I let those messages of love come inside. I had people stopping by my house to wish me well. The Saturday after my Wednesday birthday, a group of women friends took me to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. It was a delight.

I just felt so lucky, instead of blue. It is another thing entirely to go through a landmark birthday when you are single with no family. You need friends who rally, and mine rallied beautifully. I am very thankful.

So I am learning at last to "let the love in" --- and it felt FABULOUS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Glad it was everything you hoped for and more! :c)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed