Monday, February 12, 2007

Valentine or Pal-entine Wanted


I confess. It will suck to not be in a romantic relationship this year on February 14th. I do not care if it is a commercial holiday. It sucks to not have a Valentine. So this is an open invitation to the Universe.

I therefore invite those of you reading this to be my Valentine, or, less romantically, to be my "Pal"-entine on February 14th.

Just let me know.

My heart is on my sleeve.

I AM CALLING YOU

A desert road from Vegas to nowhere
Somewhere better than where you've been
A coffee machine that needs some fixing
In a little cafe' just around the bend
I am calling you, I know you hear me
I am calling you

A hot dry wind blowing right through me
Oh, the baby's crying and I can't sleep
But we both know that a change is coming
Oh, coming closer, such sweet release
And I am calling you, can you hear me
I am calling you
Oooh, yeah

A desert road from Vegas to nowhere
Somewhere better than where you've been
But we both know that a change is coming
Coming closer around the bend
And I am calling you, don't you hear me
I am calling you
I, honey, I'm calling, I'm calling, I'm calling you
I know you hear me
I am calling you.

--from the fine, small film -- "Bagdad Cafe"

4 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

I'll be a Palentine Mata! You are always in my thoughts and prayers dear friend.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Briconcella said...

Look, I am a total stranger (girl) who happens to be on this blog by pure chance, but don't be sad . If you go to a group on Flickr called "I see hearts", you'll see that valentines signs are everywhere. Bye!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of day's late --- but "better late than never"....... a Palentine is a GREAT idea! I hope you had a good day. (I spent most of the day feeling furious at my ex-husband). sigh....

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Palentine is a great way to spread love! Check out http://www.designedbyable.com/palentine.php to download a free card.

- Tim

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed