Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Moving right along

Well, Monday was a big day. No, I have not found THE house, yet. But I feel that I am coming closer. I saw two places that were very close to perfect. But each had a "tragic flaw" -- one had zero room for a dog. The yard was postage stamp sized. The other was at the top of my price range - the tip top -- and had an interior renovation that was only half done -- and was going to stay that way for the new owner to finish. Top that off with the fact that one house was so close to the neighbors that we could have had breakfast together without leaving our own kitchens. But the houses were so much closer, on the whole. to what I want. So that is a good omen.

The big thing in my day was the surrendering over to the auction gallery of the antiques that I have agreed to sell. The gallery's moving truck pulled up at the storage facility and within an hour or so, *poof* , a lot of things were gone. It felt right.

Then I printed, enveloped, addressed and mailed my entry into a writer's contest that will, God willing, result in a $10,000 prize. That would be just dandy. Super dandy in fact.

But the point is that I spent the whole day moving my life forward -- into the welcome unknown.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Wonderful Mata... just wonderful! :c)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah, this is a VERY good thing. Looking forward and MOVING in that direction - way to go!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed