Thursday, June 07, 2007

Offering up the inertia

Today I spent trying to get things accomplished and offering up my enormous inertia to God. I will be looking at some houses this weekend and meeting with an appraiser who will be looking at some of Mom's antiques. I am amazed at the level of inertia in my life, however -- it feels like I could offer it up in giant pails forever.

Of course, we are at the edge of Father's Day, which is a rough day for me...given the fact that my father is not only dead, but while he lived was psychologically and emotionally abusive. So I am guessing that some of my ennui is being stuck in some old memories that I don't want to dredge up.

Looks like dredging is the answer. I may have a long talk with myself on the ride up north this weekend. I'll need an emotional backhoe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed