Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ah, Destiny

Well, no word on the house yet. My realtor has yet to hear back from the owner's realtor. She reports that when she had called him to follow up this week that his answering machine says "Mailbox Full". I am actually laughing here -- it seems to be the will of the Universe at Large that I have yet to find my home.

Fortunately my week has been full of a lot of things that have kept my mind off the house -- some lovely visits with dear friends, a few more things to auction off at Skinners, lots of freelance work, and some interesting reading. But trust me, there is this insistent hum in the back of my mind that says "house..house..house.."

So I'll head out tomorrow to Massachusetts again and continue the hunt for a few days.

My mother's antiques start being auctioned on September 20th. They will be positioned at some specific auctions ("Primitive Americana") and some general auctions that feature certain items (like September's auction which is general but will feature Jewelry and Accessories -- so her beaded bag collection from the early 1900s will go there). I can't help but imagine that she is a little bit happy about this as she looks down into this life. She always loved auctions, and would be proud to see her things sold at such an esteemed auction house.

So, outside of the fact that I am now in love with Crystal Light Peach Tea (I can feel my British friends cringe), I have not much more news.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Love the Peach Tea... and try the Raspberry too. Sam loves it! :c)
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
Hugs!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with Crystal Light Peach Tea - cringing here :)

just read your wonderful write up at Blogher about RevGals and reconnected me with some wonderful blogs. Too bad more don't send in nominations for the Weds festival (including you!) because there's such a wealth of good stuff OUT there in the ring.

I read your post on the auctioning of you late mother's antiques. What a lovely thing though it is probably very bitter-sweet for you too. Hang in there :)

Blessings and love

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed