Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lenten Resolve

Well, Lent is here again already. Those of you hanging around these parts for last year's Lent know that I took on the issue of forgiveness for last Lent, attempting to forgive someone for something each day, to try to deepen my understanding of forgiveness. It is an undone task, and so I take it on again this year. This year, however, I am adding one thing to this devotional event -- I will thank God for something each day. I am starting to feel a link between forgiveness and gratitude, and I very much want to explore that with God and with you.

A blog is like an iceberg -- you really only see a portion of what is with anyone. But I will try to be as open as I can here without becoming embarrassingly or uncomfortably confessional.

Life is such a tangled up thing. I believe, even if I do not understand why, that part of what makes our lives chaotic is undone business - it is like letting the sleeve of a sweater unravel bit by bit ..leaving it unmended ... until the threads start catching on things and impeding your movement in unexpected ways. So then perhaps you start walking so as not to snag the unmended sleeve - and soon you start to accommodate your life to protecting that sleeve, using energy and attention that might have brought you or your loved ones joy instead -- when it all could have been solved by addressing the issue and mending it in the first place.

So that is what my Lent is aiming for -- and yours?

1 Comments:

Blogger LutheranChik said...

For procrastinators like myself, life is a big, fraying, unraveling thread!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed