Saturday, August 25, 2007

Woooo Hooo? Or Uh Oh !

Well, I was back in Massachusetts for the inspection on the house I want to buy. It needs a roof, and immediately needs a new boiler and water heater. There are about 3K worth of mold issues in the cellar. Some termite issues in garage. A few plumbing issues. Yadda yadda yadda. The inspector said the house was sturdy, well built and with a neglected infrastructure. Plus it needs cosmetic work, a fridge, and now the inspection says that the built in wall oven doesn't work. The good news is that under the carpet in the den is a hardwood floor. It didn't balance out the rough news.

So now I have submitted a much lower bid and copied them in on the inspection results, and we will see.

When I get over feeling disappointed I will write some great blog entry about how obstacles are meant to be overcome and I will find some tasty little spiritual lesson in all this, but for the moment I want to just wring my hands anxiously and ask God what the heck He has in mind these days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Ack....well, thank goodness for good inspectors. If it's meant to be, they will accept your lower bid still and you will then have the available funds to make this haven your home. Keeping my fingers crossed it works out the way it's supposed to. HUGS!

7:32 AM  
Blogger toujoursdan said...

Ouch! Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out in the end!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed