Saturday, August 18, 2007

WoooooHooooo!!!

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


The bank accepted my offer. Next week I drive to Massachusetts to sign the official offer stuff, get a lawyer, etc. It is a buyer's market, folks. I got a great deal on a very nice little house (1,700 sq feet, 8 rooms). It has an eat-in kitchen, formal dining room, large living room, great office space, 4 bedrooms (2 up, 2 down), 1 bath down, 1/2 bath up.

In addition it has great light, hardwood floors in great shape, a 2 car garage, a finished basement, 2 fireplaces (one in living room, one in basement family room), storage shed, fenced yard, mature trees and plantings. From what we can tell prior to inspection, it only needs cosmetic improvements (paint, wallpaper, etc.)


So I am pretty happy, very thankful, and getting ready for the happy day when I move into my very first home that I own. I have been a renter since age 19.

One of the biggest joys? I get to have a pooch again.

Joy! Joy!

Gee, think there was any relation to my getting a house and my finally surrendering this all to God? Well, DUH!!!

Thank you and warm hugs to all who have endured this process and who have been encouraging and supportive friends since I started looking in November of 2006. It will be almost a year...bless you all for your kindness.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very happy for you. It will make lovely reading, I think, when you begin to post pictures of your new digs and new experiences waiting to happen there.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jayne said...

Can't wait to read the pure joy ooze out of you as you embark upon this new chapter in your life. I am beyond happy for you friend! Love and new house hugs to you!!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Hallelujah!

I sure hope you'll put some pictures of it here. It's been a LOOOONG journey....

11:53 PM  
Blogger RevJen said...

Congratulations! And welcome home.

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so wonderful. I wanna see pictures too!

2:05 PM  
Blogger alto artist said...

Congratulations!
--aa.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Such good news!

10:06 PM  
Blogger toujoursdan said...

Congratulations! How exciting! All the best.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Yay! I knew this day would come! Congratulations, Mata - can't wait to see what the next season of life will hold for you...

Grin! HUGS for you!!!

PICS, PLEASE!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - may the longed-for house bring you nothing but joy!

turnover

2:28 AM  
Blogger The Harbour of Ourselves said...

you hung in there.....finally, the moment comes.....

excellent news

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed